I asked the nurse to unlock the door. On the other side was Amber, my sister. She was standing there. Emotionless, until she realized it was me, Valentina.
Her eyes lit up "Valentina! I'm so happy your here!"
"So am I! Are you okay, it looks like a cut on you-"
"T-that's nothing.. um.. just a wound from playing on the play set."
I knew she was lying.. she cut herself again. I played along and rushed her to her room.
Once we were in her room, I asked "You cut yourself didn't you? On purpose?"
"Y-y-yes.."
"You NEED to stop doing this to yourself! How did you even get a knife or anything to hurt yourself? Did they forget to chain you to your bed, lock the door again?
"Yes, and I found a knife in the nurse's drawer. I had a nightmare about the Kamalas again and I took a pill and there was a Kamala right outside my door.."
"Wait.. woah.. back up... you found a knife in the nurse's drawer?"
She looked at her wrist, and passed out. She always hated the sight of blood. I took out my phone and text mom to come up here.
"Yes darl-" she said. *gasp* Why is she out cold and why does she have a scar?"
"Mom calm down. She found a knife in the nurse's drawer last ni-"
She whispered "In the nurse's drawer?"
"That's what she said."
"Oh, honey. This can't be good. Let's just tuck her in and say she was tired, ok?"
"Ok mom." I know she wasn't my mother, but she acted like it, more than my real mother ever did. Or my father for that matter. Roslyn was the one always there for me. For a shoulder to cry on. Poor Amber never had any of that. Once Amber's 'mom' realized she was 'crazy' then she sent her to Dr. Oswald Junior for testing. It turns out she was 'crazy' and they kept her here. In this place that makes you even crazier. Because your taken away from your family. They keep you isolated and give you pills that make you even more insane. Make you see strange things.
No matter who you are, you have light in you.
If you are crazy
Then you can truly solve life's mysteries.
And wash your pain away.
If imagine things,
then you have the power to find the key
and open the door.
No comments:
Post a Comment