I rode my bike to my Aunt Sara's house.. she is probably the nicest person I've ever met. I've been able to stay there days at a time, since my parents never know I'm there. So I would go to Auntie's house, to get away from my selfish siblings and my mother. She doesn't live in a mansion.. but she's the warmest person I know. She always welcomes me, and has never even raised a palm to me.
Sara's POV
She really needs to get out of that house.. depression is not good, especially for her... I need to tell her parents... if they don't get treatment.. then I'm going to court. She lived on a bag of CHIPS for two days.. that's not acceptable..
While she napped and played games on her phone in her room in my house, I went to the computer on my desk and emailed my boyfriend, who works for the local Police Department, about my niece.
I wrote, Hey Babe, my niece has depression, but she's not getting treated well back at her house..
He wrote back, That's terrible.. could they be charged with neglect or something?
I said, If you count making her survive on a bag of chips for a few days, then yes.
Then he wrote, Should you take it to court? | No, it's not the right time. Yet.
Then I called her mom..
"Hello, this is Lorana speaking."
"This is Sara, your sister."
"IS SHE OVER THERE AGAIN?"
"No, but she does have a serious medical issue.."
"Please do NOT say she told you.."
"She didn't eat for two days.. she did.."
"I'M GOING TO STRANGLE THAT CHILD."
"Listen, Lorana. You aren't doing anything until I tell you.."
"She's missing? Oh thank gosh!"
"NO LORANA! She has.."
"Spit it out Sara."
"Depression..."
There was a moment of silence...
"Oh.."
"And you should've fed her.."
"Sara, you're lucky she survived.. you're also lucky I didn't strangle you, either."
"Lorana.. don't you care?"
"No, I don't.. neither will her father."
The line went silent and then I heard the beep of her hanging up.. If she doesn't react within 3 days.. I'm going to court. Until then.. she stays in my proximity.


No comments:
Post a Comment