I just home from school. I sat down on the couch in my room. Rosalie and Harry were so good to me, making me these cushions and buying me pillows, and desks, and so many other things. They even bought me a new phone. My phone buzzed. I had gotten a text. It was from my mother, who abandoned me, abused me, and mistreated me. I was sick and tired of her. She texted to tell me that I could come back. That she was sorry. I almost couldn't resist. But, Rosalie had taken me in, a total stranger, and from the very beginning she took care of me better than my mom ever had. She was nice, she was generous, kind and everything you wish your mother could be. She was smart too. She focused on Dark Matter back in her college days. But now she's a model. A pregnant one at that. My mom is pregnant right now, too. But that's besides the point. I texted mom back,
"Mom, I'm done. You treated me wrongly. I found a new mom. She treats me amazing. I have my own room, and she actually pays attention to me. She's never even slapped me." and pressed send. Then I got a call. I answered.
"Yes mom?"
"Honey, you couldn't have possibly gotten a mom." Then over her end and my end, I heard a doorbell. I was scared. What if mom tried to hurt Rosalie? I couldn't hide any longer. I heard screams. I decided I was not going to hide any longer. Rosalie deserved to know. I'd hid it for weeks. I really couldn't control it. But my mom told me what I was. What I could do. Who I could harm. How powerful my brain was. I could literally erase peoples memories. For the first time, I was afraid of myself.
Kids shouldn't have to fear their own mother.
No comments:
Post a Comment